September 2019 Product Update
Customers. Sales. Reviews. Security
See what’s new in this update:
Feedback & Inbox
Know what your customers think and feel about your business
Add taxes, levies, or other service charges a customer may have to pay as part of a sale
API Security Alerts
API Customers now receive notifications on any unauthorized (HTTP 401 or HTTP 403) attempt on accounts
Filter by Expiry Date
Filter items based on expiry dates. This requires that you add expiry dates to items; as part of product details in Advanced Options
See all stock reduction activities when items are sold in-store, online, and on mobile
Feedback & Inbox
• Receive and instantly respond to customer Ratings and Feedback.
• Your customers will receive your response and can also reply from their inbox.
• Set up invoice additions for your items per branch. This can either be included in or excluded from the price.
• All invoice additions are added to the sub-total for your customer to pay.
Callback URL Check
Your callback URL may be down or timeout once in a while. This may happen when Sending money, Receiving money, or using the Hubtel checkout.
Check the status of any of these activities whenever you miss a callback:
1. Your own client reference
2. The Hubtel Transaction ID or Checkout
3. The Network Providers transaction ID
Manage your API credentials yourself. Get things done on your integrations swiftly and securely with Setup API Keys now in your control.
Visit Hubtel Integration to Add, Change or Delete API Keys.
PSP Regulatory Act, 2019 (Act 987)
PCI DSS and ISO 27001 certifications in progress to meet all new minimum requirements for Payment Service Providers issued by the Bank of Ghana.
Add the most essential and interesting key details about each item as part of the product details in Advanced Options.
eCommerce, even in its most basic form has been around for 40 years!
The history of e-commerce dates back even before the internet. How Did It All Begin?
1979 – Michael Aldrich ‘invented’ online shopping. Aldrich was an English inventor, innovator and entrepreneur, who is credited with developing the predecessor to online shopping.
The idea came about during a stroll with his wife, when Aldrich lamented about their weekly supermarket shopping expedition.
This conversation sparked an idea to hook a television to their supermarket to deliver the groceries.
Immediately after the discussion Aldrich quickly planned and implemented his idea.
In 1979, Aldrich connected a television set to a transaction processing computer with a telephone line and created what he coined, “teleshopping,” meaning shopping at a distance.
By definition, ecommerce or electronic commerce, is the buying and selling of products or services via the Internet.
From mobile shopping to online payment encryption and beyond, ecommerce encompasses a wide variety of data, systems, and tools for both online buyers and sellers.
Most businesses with an ecommerce presence use an ecommerce store and/or an ecommerce platform to conduct both online marketing and sales activities and to oversee logistics and fulfillment.
The history of ecommerce started 40 years ago and, to this day, continues to grow with new technologies, innovations, and thousands of businesses entering the online market each year.
eCommerce has taken over the air, and no one is holding back! Enjoy the convenience of online shopping today. Check out great deals on Hubtel Mall. Shop. Pay. Get delivery in minutes!
One of the biggest exhibition of professional and business leaders in the beauty industry happened this weekend at the Accra International Conference Center.
This first edition of the Hair Senta International Beauty show dubbed “HIBS Africa”, attracted vendors and exhibitors of hair and beauty products across the African continent and internationally.
The vision of HIBS Africa is to bridge the global divide and make African businesses in the beauty industry, globally competitive and successful.
Hubtel introduced exhibitors to the importance of offering convenient shopping experiences for their customers. Emphasizing the competitive advantage of online sales, electronic transactions and prompt service delivery.
August 2019 Product Update
It’s getting smoother by the day
See what’s new in this update:
Get notified of events on your business account as they happen
See how your customers are interacting with your business
Under the hood
Your business now runs on faster engines. Assuring 99% uptime!
Here are insights you can now view about your customers:
- New Customer – Customers visiting your business for the first time.
- Returning Customers – Customers who have made more than one purchase.
- Average Customer Value – This is the average amount a customer has spent in your business.
- Average Visit Value – The average amount a customer will spend in your business during a visit.
- Inactive Customers – Customers who have churned in the last three (3) months.
- Dormant Customers – Customers who have churned in the last six (6) months.
Inventory Expiry Alert
Get alerts when items in your inventory are about to expire.
You’ll receive notifications for items:
- 6 months before expiry
- 4 months before the expiry
- 2 months before the expiry
- 4 weeks before the expiry
- 2 weeks before the expiry
- 5 days, 4 days, and 3 days before expiry